Thoracolumbar spine - lateral canine X-ray positioning guide
Thoracolumbar spine - lateral canine X-ray positioning guid
- In lateral recumbency
- Ensure spine parallel to cassette/table top
- Use sponges under sternum to prevent rotation
- Centre over T6-T7
- Collimate to include entire thoracic spine, including spinous processes
- Ensure L/R marker in primary beam.
What to look for
- Ensure no rotation of the spine - look to see if transverse processes are superimposed.
- Avoid extending limbs too far cranially/caudally as can cause spine to distort
- A pad between the hindlimbs can reduce the risk of rotation